Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Ads

Nuffnang

Sunday, December 29, 2013

How to Sit For An Exam WITHOUT A Pencil Box

by Wong Zhiwei  |  in rant at  4:25 AM

"Bad things happen to good people"

aka "sh*t happens".

If you're reading my blog, you've probably sat for an exam before. I think most countries have major exams that sort of determine the future of students. In Malaysia, we sit for SPM (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia) at the end of high school. This exam was important. It was this that helps students get into good colleges and obtain scholarships which could save parents a ton of money. The exam lasted about a month from early November to early December, and guess who forgot to bring their pencil box for one of the papers?



Me

"Jeng jeng jeng"

My face when I found out I didn't have my pencil box..

With this enlightening experience, I'm going to share with you guys how you deal it situations like this while sharing my story.

1. DON'T DO IT

Anyone that has a rational mind would definitely not wanna do this. So don't. In my defence, it wasn't intentional! I left my canteen in the pencil box before the exam started and I didn't notice till it was time to enter the examination room. The invigilator was rushing us in and I had no time to run all the way to the canteen (it was far)! So if you really have no choice, DON'T BE STUPID.

2. #YOLO spirit

If you still wanna do it, you're either crazy or a teenager who wants some fun. Maybe your life is boring and drab and you want some drama to excite your day. If you're going to do it anyway despite my kind advice, you gotta learn to YOLO (You Only Live Once). Yeap. If you're gonna be brave and do stupid stuff, then do it till the end. Don't be a coward and chicken out halfway! That's not manly(or womanly). So calm down and brace whatever happens

Tip : Put it in your bucket list to give a sense of accomplishment!

3. Cry

Really. Just do it. You have no stuff to write with and you wanna sit for an exam? You can't. The best you can do now is try to gather sympathy from the people around you. Though that's not what I did. Why? Because I'm a MANLY MAN. When I realized I didn't have my almighty pencil box, I looked at my friend with a face of distress and started panicking. I'm not gonna lie, I'm usually a calm person, but at the moment I knew I was screwed if I didn't have my stationary and I was close to blowing up. Thank goodness my friend was super helpful (thanks friend!) and he lent me some of his pens to use. See? It works! Just display your emotions and some kind soul is bound to fall for it and help you my friend!

Tip : Use water as tears!

4. Go on a scavenger hunt

So my friend gave me a few pens, but that wasn't enough to survive. I needed pencils, a ruler, an eraser and correction tape. It was a science paper, and I can't pull through with just a pen. There were graphs and other scary sh*t in there! I needed a quick plan. Thankfully, I'm a boy, and we all know boys are messy people (don't say I'm sexist you know very well it's true). My bag was turned into a treasure chest. I started hunting for anything I could use. At the bottom of my bag, I found my hero-- a few sharp pencils, sharpener, an eraser and a long ruler! I didn't have time to look for correction tape and so I just made do with what I had and went in.

Tip : You could go to empty classrooms or grassy spots to look for more materials!


All in all, it was a fun experience I guess. I'm never doing it again though. My hands were shaking though the entire paper and I had to cancel out words because I didn't have correction tape, but other than that it was okay. Hopefully my results will still be good.

How about you? Have you ever had a 'surprise' that made you panic before? Or maybe you have a crazy idea that you want me to write about? Share it with me at the comments below!

Thanks for reading :)

0 comments:

Proudly Powered by Blogger.